LabWindows/CVI 2017 Help
»View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Use the Shortcuts tab located in the Edit Installer dialog box to create shortcuts for the files you install.
||Note This tab is only available for complete distributions, not patches.
The Shortcuts tab contains the following columns and context menu options:
- Name—Displays the shortcut name.
- Edit Properties—Edit a shortcut by double-clicking the shortcut you want to edit or right-click the shortcut and select Edit Properties from the menu. These actions launch the Shortcut Properties dialog box.
Use the Shortcut Properties dialog box to specify the following options:
- Name—Specifies the shortcut name. Multiple shortcuts can have the same name as long as those shortcuts have different Destination Directory values.
- Command Line Arguments—Specifies the command line arguments to pass to the shortcut when it is launched.
||Note All paths are terminated with backslash (\) characters.
You can use the following variables in the command line arguments:
- %dest—The path to the application installation directory, which the user may change at installation time
- %src—The path to the directory on the target computer from which the installer is run (location of setup.exe)
- %cvidir—The path to the LabWindows/CVI directory on the computer
- %nidir—The path to the root directory where NI software is installed
- %name—The application name
- %%—Use this variable when you must place a single '%' in the command line
At installation time, these variables are replaced with the proper variables before the arguments are passed to a shortcut target.
For example, assume the following command line arguments:
-I "%destmyapp.txt" /from "%src" "%name"
||Note Quotes must be placed around items that might contain spaces to ensure that the program receives the arguments correctly.
The actual command line passed to the executable to run after setup is structured similarly to the following command line with values varying based on user choices and installation title options:
-I "c:\myapp\myapp.txt" /from "c:\temp\" "My App Setup"
- Run Style—Specifies whether the application window is normal, minimized, or maximized when the shortcut target is launched. After the shortcut is installed, this option appears in the Run option of the Windows Properties dialog box under the Shortcuts tab.
- Comment—Specifies the text displayed in the tooltip when the user hovers the mouse cursor over the shortcut icon. After the shortcut is installed, this text appears in the Comment option of the Windows Properties dialog box under the Shortcuts tab.
- New Shortcut—Create a new shortcut by right-clicking on the Name column and select New Shortcut from the menu.
- Remove Shortcut—Select the shortcut you want to remove and press <Delete> or right-click the shortcut and select Remove Shortcut from the menu.
- Target file—Select the target file for the specified shortcut from the drop-down menu. This menu includes all of the files the installer application installs, as specified in the Edit Installer dialog box Files tab.
- Destination Directory—Select the destination directory for the shortcut. You can select from any of the valid installation locations or any subdirectories that you have created under the installation locations. To create a shortcut to the same file in more than one location, you must create two shortcuts and specify a different Destination Directory for each.
||Note If you want to install a new subdirectory under one of the installation locations, you must first create the directory in the Installation Files & Directories browser located in the Files tab.