TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Select Tools»Customize to launch the Customize Tools Menu dialog box.
The Customize Tools Menu dialog box contains the following options:
- Tools Menu—A list of tools menu items. When you select an item in the list control, all other controls below the list display the settings for the selected item. The list control displays the following columns:
- Item Text—The result of evaluating the Item Text Expression.
- Type—The type of menu item, such as command, sequence, submenu, and sequence file.
- Add—Inserts a new menu item above the selected item in the Tools menu list by launching the Add Tools Menu Item dialog box. You can add the following types of menu items:
- Command—Invokes a Microsoft Windows executable.
- Sequence—Initiates an execution on a sequence in a sequence file. TestStand does not pre-load code modules for tool menu sequences. Steps that a sequence executes are loaded dynamically regardless of the load options specified by the sequence file and the step settings.
- Submenu—Additional menu items.
- Sequence File—Creates a submenu that lists all sequences in a sequence file as menu items. TestStand does not pre-load code modules for tool menu sequences. Steps that a sequence executes are loaded dynamically regardless of the load options specified by the sequence file and the step settings.
- Remove—Deletes the selected menu item from the Tools menu.
- Move Up—Moves the item up within the menu or submenus.
- Move Down—Moves the item down within the menu or submenus.
- Expand—Displays the tools menu items in a submenu.
- Collapse—Steps out of an item in a submenu.
- Item Text Expression—The expression that evaluates to the literal text to display for the tools menu item.
- Insert Separator Before Item—When you enable this option, a menu separator precedes the tools menu item.
- Hidden Expression—An expression that determines when a tools menu item is not visible. If the field is empty, TestStand treats the expression as False.
- Enable Expression—Visible for Command and Sequence item types. This option lets you specify an expression that determines when the menu item is enabled. The expression must return True to enable the menu item and False to dim the menu item.
- Command—The executable path. This option is only visible for the Command menu type.
- Arguments—The command-line arguments. This option is only visible for the Command menu type.
- Use Arguments Expression—If checked, the arguments field is a TestStand expression. If unchecked, the field is a string.
||Note You may need to use the Arguments Expression to pass the current environment to the executable being launched.
- Initial Directory—The initial working directory for the executable. This option is only visible for the Command menu type.
- Edits Selected File—Visible for Sequence and Sequence File item types. Set this option for Tools menu items you add that edit the selected sequence file. This option advises the sequence editor to prompt the user to check out the selected file from source control if it is not already checked out.
- Sequence File and Sequence—The target for the Sequence File and Sequence menu item types.
- Restore Defaults—Deletes existing items from all menus and submenus and loads the factory defaults.
- Export Items To File—Launches the Export Tools Menu dialog box, which contains a list of tools menu items.
Add Tools Menu Item dialog box
Export Tools Menu dialog box