TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Select Configure Deploy Library in the context menu for the step to launch the Deploy Library Step Configuration dialog box from a TestStand User Interface. You can also click Configure Deploy Library on the General tab of the Step Properties dialog box.
Use the Deploy Library Step Configuration dialog box to deploy or undeploy to the local computer the shared variables defined in a LabVIEW project library file or packed project library file, or to deploy or undeploy shared variables defined in LabVIEW project libraries within a selected LabVIEW project. You cannot deploy shared variables to another computer running Microsoft Windows.
- The project library or packed project library must contain only shared variables and cannot contain any VI files.
- TestStand cannot auto-deploy shared variables defined in a LabVIEW packed project library specified in a LabVIEW project or in a LabVIEW project library saved in an LLB specified in a LabVIEW project.
- TestStand can deploy a shared variable bound to another shared variable only when you use an NI Publish-Subscribe Protocol (NI-PSP) URL to bind the shared variable to deploy to another shared variable. If you attempt to use a Deploy Library step to deploy a shared variable to a variable in a LabVIEW project, the deployment fails. Refer to the LabVIEW Help for more information about deploying shared variables and NI-PSP URLs.
- National Instruments recommends that you do not use a Deploy Library step to deploy or undeploy shared variables when steps in different threads or executions might access the shared variables.
- If the test system execute VIs in the context of a LabVIEW project, you can enable the Auto Deploy Shared Variables on First Load of any VI in a Project option and the Auto Undeploy Shared Variables on Last Unload of all VIs in a Project option in the LabVIEW Adapter Configuration dialog box to automatically deploy and undeploy shared variables defined in the LabVIEW project.
The Deploy Library Step Configuration dialog box contains the following options:
- Operation—Specifies whether to deploy or undeploy the shared variables defined in a LabVIEW project library or LabVIEW packed project library.
- Library or Project Path—The path of the project library file, LabVIEW project file, or packed project library file on the local computer to deploy or undeploy. The project library or packed project library must define only shared variables and cannot contain any VI files. If you specify a project file, TestStand deploys all shared variables defined in each project library file specified in the project.
- Specify Library Path by Expression—Enable this option to specify that the library path is an expression the step evaluates at run time. Click the Expression Browse button to build an expression. When you disable this option, you can use a literal string to specify the library path. Click the File Browse button to select the project library file.
Deploying Network-Published Shared Variables
Deploying TestStand Systems
LabVIEW Utility Step Types
Step Properties dialog box