TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Insert a step configured to use the HTBasic Adapter and select Specify Module from the context menu to launch the Edit HTBasic Subroutine Call dialog box from a TestStand User Interface. You can also select Properties from the context menu. When you select Properties, you must click Specify Module on the Step Properties dialog box to launch the Edit HTBasic Subroutine Call dialog box.
The Edit HTBasic Subroutine Call dialog box contains the following options:
- Subroutine File Pathname—The HTBasic program file that contains the subroutine the step calls. You can specify an absolute or relative path name for the HTBasic program file. Relative path names are relative to the TestStand search directory paths. Use the Edit Search Directories dialog box to customize the search directory paths.
To load and call a subroutine, you must write the subroutine file to disk in the HTBasic application using the Store command instead of the Save command. HTBasic is only able to programmatically load and run stored subroutines.
- Subroutine Name—The name of the subroutine the step calls. HTBasic requires that the subroutine name length cannot exceed 15 characters and the first character must be uppercase. The HTBasic Adapter interprets the first character as uppercase even when you specify lowercase.
- Show HTBasic Application When Called—When the HTBasic Adapter executes a step that calls an HTBasic subroutine, it does not activate the HTBasic application. Enable this option when you want to activate the HTBasic application.
- HTBasic Working Directory—Specifies the options for the HTBasic Adapter to set for the working directory of the HTBasic server before invoking the subroutine. Enable this option when the test code assumes a particular working directory path.
The HTBasic Working Directory ring control contains the following five options:
The default value is Use adapter default. The Browse button and edit box are available only when you select the Use specified directory option.
- Use adapter default
- Do not change working directory
- HTBasic server directory
- Subroutine file directory
- Use specified directory
The following options are available only when you have installed an HTBasic development environment:
- Create Code—Creates a code shell for a subroutine. If the HTBasic file you specify does not already exist, the HTBasic Adapter creates it. If the file already exists, the HTBasic Adapter prompts you to replace the file. If the HTBasic code template file exists for the step type you selected for this step, the HTBasic Adapter uses the template to create the new subroutine.
- Edit Subroutine—Edits a subroutine that already exists.
Step Properties dialog box
Edit Search Directories dialog box