TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
The General tab contains the following options:
- Type—The type for the step.
- Change Step Type—Displays a submenu from which you select the type of step you want TestStand to convert the existing step to. TestStand discards any values in properties of the current step type that do not exist in the new step type. TestStand uses the default values for properties in the new step type that do not exist in the current step type.
- Adapter—The adapter the step uses. You can change the adapter by selecting a different adapter in the ring control. TestStand discards module and parameter information unless you are changing the adapter from the LabWindows/CVI Adapter to the C/C++ DLL Adapter or vice versa.
- Specify Module—Launches the Specify Module dialog box for the selected step. The dialog box is specific to the module adapter assigned to the step. Use the Specify Module dialog box to specify the code module the step calls. You can also specify options TestStand uses when it calls the step.
- Description—A description of the step that varies according to the type of step and the adapter it uses.
- Comment—Places a comment for the step in the Step Group list view. The step comment also appears in the documentation TestStand generates for the sequence file.
- Edit—Launches a dialog box in which you can edit the settings unique to the type of the step. The button caption varies according to the type of the step. Refer to the Edit <Step Name> dialog box for the step you have inserted for more information.
- Preconditions—Launches the Preconditions dialog box, in which you can specify the conditions that must be True for the step to execute.
- Additional Results—Launches the Additional Results dialog box, in which you can add and configure values to add to the result list of a step when the step executes.
- Advanced—Displays a submenu with the following option:
- Attributes—Launches the Attributes dialog box, in which you can create and edit attributes for the step.
Additional Results dialog box
Attributes dialog box
Module Tabs and Specify Module Dialog Boxes
Preconditions dialog box