TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
System Source Tab
Use the System Source tab to select the workspace file or directory that specifies which files to deploy and the location to create the deployment image.
The System Source tab contains the following options:
- Deploy Files—Contains the following options for specifying the location on the computer of the files to deploy.
- From TestStand Workspace File—When you enable this option, the deployment utility deploys a workspace file you specify.
When deploying a workspace file, the deployment utility analyzes the workspace for any dependent files. For example, the deployment utility searches the steps in every sequence of a sequence file in the workspace file to find the referenced code modules and continues recursively searching until the utility analyzes all the files in the workspace hierarchy.
||Note The deployment utility does not require that you include in the workspace file all code modules, excluding .NET and ActiveX code modules, that test sequences reference, but you must include all support files—such as property loader files, image files associated with Message Popup steps, dynamically called code modules and support files, .NET and ActiveX code modules, and other data files code modules require—to correctly create a deployable image or installer of a TestStand system.
You can automatically exclude certain files from any deployment by editing the Filter.ini file, located in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg directory.
- Load Workspace in Sequence Editor—The deployment utility loads into the TestStand Sequence Editor the workspace file that the From TestStand Workspace File control specifies. This control is dimmed when the From TestStand Workspace File option is disabled.
- From Directory—When you enable this option, the deployment utility includes files organized in a directory you specify. Enable the Include Subdirectories option to also include files in subdirectories of the directory you specify. You can use this option as an alternative to using a workspace file.
- Include Subdirectories—When you enable this option, the deployment utility includes all files in the subdirectories of the path the From Directory control specifies. This option is dimmed when the From Directory option is disabled.
- From TestStand Public Directories—When you enable this option, the deployment utility includes files from the <TestStand Public>\Components, <TestStand Public>\CodeTemplates, and <TestStand Public>\TestStand version\UserInterfaces directories.
||Note (32-bit TestStand) The deployment utility includes files from the 32-bit TestStand <TestStand Public> directories. (64-bit TestStand)The deployment utility includes files from the 64-bit TestStand <TestStand Public> directories.
- From TestStand Configuration Directory—When you enable this option, the deployment utility includes files from the Cfg directory. Refer to the <TestStand Application Data> Directory topic for more information about the files in this directory.
- Engine Environment Options—Contains settings to configure the active engine environment settings for the deployment. Refer to the Deploying with Environments topic for more information on using these settings
- Engine Environment File—The environment file (.tsenv) used by the TestStand Deployment Utility to find files in a custom <TestStand Public> directory and/or <TestStand Application> directory.
- Use Environment File To Determine Deployed File Destinations—If you select this option, files you deploy to the <TestStand Public> and <TestStand Application Data> directories will instead be deployed to the custom locations specified in the environment file. To use this option, the paths specified in the environment file must be relative. With this option enabled, the TestStand Deployment Utility also includes the environment file in the deployment. Refer to the Deploying to Custom Environment Directories section in the Deploying with Environments topic for more information about this setting.
- Location of Deployable Image—The directory to which the deployment utility will copy an image of the system. This image can be copied over the network or put in an installer.
Deploying TestStand Systems