TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Deploy Library Step
Use a Deploy Library step to deploy or undeploy to the local computer the shared variables defined in a LabVIEW project library file or packed project library file, or to deploy or undeploy shared variables defined in LabVIEW project libraries within a selected LabVIEW project.
- The project library or packed project library must contain only shared variables and cannot contain any VI files.
- TestStand cannot auto-deploy shared variables defined in a LabVIEW packed project library specified in a LabVIEW project or in a LabVIEW project library saved in an LLB specified in a LabVIEW project.
- TestStand can deploy a shared variable bound to another shared variable only when you use an NI Publish-Subscribe Protocol (NI-PSP) URL to bind the shared variable to deploy to another shared variable. If you attempt to use a Deploy Library step to deploy a shared variable to a variable in a LabVIEW project, the deployment fails. Refer to the LabVIEW Help for more information about deploying shared variables and NI-PSP URLs.
- If the test system execute VIs in the context of a LabVIEW project, you can enable the Auto Deploy Shared Variables on First Load of any VI in a Project option and the Auto Undeploy Shared Variables on Last Unload of all VIs in a Project option in the LabVIEW Adapter Configuration dialog box to automatically deploy and undeploy shared variables defined in the LabVIEW project.
- National Instruments recommends that you do not use a Deploy Library step to deploy or undeploy shared variables when steps in different threads or executions might access the shared variables.
Configuring the Step
Use the Deploy Library edit tab in the TestStand Sequence Editor and the Deploy Library Step Configuration dialog box in a TestStand User Interface to configure the Deploy Library step. You cannot deploy shared variables to another computer running Microsoft Windows.
In addition to the common custom properties, the Deploy Library step type defines the following step properties:
- Step.Operation—Specifies whether the step deploys or undeploys shared variables. Valid values are 0 = Deploy and 1 = Undeploy.
- Step.Libraries—An expression for the path of the LabVIEW packed project library file, LabVIEW library file, or LabVIEW project file on the local computer to deploy to or undeploy from the target computer. The packed project library must define only shared variables and cannot contain any VI files.
Deploying Network-Published Shared Variables
Deploying TestStand Systems
Deploying VIs in LabVIEW Packed Project Libraries
LabVIEW Adapter Configuration dialog box
LabVIEW Utility Step Types