TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
To examine and modify the values of properties of a step, select Step Settings from the context menu for a step in the Steps pane of the Sequence File window. You can select multiple steps and configure shared properties for each step at the same time.
The Properties tab contains the following panels:
- General—The name, type, adapter, icon and comment for the step. The panel also displays the description of a step.
- Run Options—Various options for loading and running the code module.
- Looping—When you enable this option, TestStand loops on the step. TestStand can loop a fixed number of times or loop until a specified number of iterations pass or fail. You can also customize the loop conditions.
- Post Actions—The action to take when the step finishes executing.
- Switching—When you enable this option, TestStand performs switching operations before the step executes and after the step executes.
- Synchronization—Specifies when TestStand postpones execution of this step or other steps to synchronize the execution of multiple steps. You can also use the Synchronization step types to perform more advanced types of synchronization.
- Expressions—Expressions TestStand executes before and after the step executes.
- Preconditions—The conditions that must be True for the step to execute.
- Requirements—Provides a mechanism for notating product and unit requirements the step covers. This control contains a list of strings where each string represents a single requirement. You can also notate requirements information in the Workspace Object Properties, Sequence File Properties, and Sequence Properties dialog boxes.
- Additional Results—Adds and configures additional results. An additional result is a value TestStand adds to the result list of a step when the step executes and when you skip a step or force the step to pass or fail. An additional result can be a module parameter or a custom additional result in which you specify the name and value of the result.
- Property Browser—Browses the built-in and custom properties of the step. The Property Browser is read-only during execution.
Sequence Properties dialog box
Sequence File Properties dialog box
Synchronization Step Types
Workspace Object Properties dialog box