TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Sequences Pane Context Menu
To access the context menu, right-click the Sequences pane. The items in the context menu vary depending on whether you right-click a sequence or the background area of the pane.
The Sequences pane context menu can contain the following items:
- Insert Sequence—Adds a new sequence to the sequence file.
- Run <Sequence Name>—Initiates an execution of the active sequence without using a process model.
- Cut—Removes the selected sequence and places it on the clipboard.
- Copy—Copies the selected sequence to the clipboard.
- Paste—Inserts the sequence from the clipboard.
- Delete—Deletes the sequence.
- Rename—Edits the name of the selected sequence.
- Advanced—Launches a submenu that contains the following option:
- Edit Attributes—Launches the Attributes dialog box, in which you can create and edit attributes for the sequence.
- Sequence File Callbacks—Launches the Sequence File Callbacks dialog box for the sequence file.
- Sequence Properties—Launches the Sequence Properties dialog box for the selected sequence. Use the Sequence Properties dialog box to view and edit the built-in properties of the selected sequence. Usually, the Sequence Properties dialog box has a single tab, the General tab, but if the current sequence file is a process model file, the Sequence Properties dialog box also has a Model tab.
- Display Sequence Hierarchy—Displays a graph in the Sequence Hierarchy window of the hierarchy of the selected sequence or sequences. This option is available only when you select one or more sequences when you access the context menu.
- Display File Hierarchy—Displays a graph in the Sequence Hierarchy window of the hierarchy of all sequences in the sequence file. This option is available only when you do not select any sequence when you access the context menu.
- Display Hierarchy Using—Displays a graph in the Sequence Hierarchy window of the hierarchy of all sequence calls starting at the process model entry point you select. The list of entry points varies according to the process model the sequence file uses. This option uses the current sequence file as a client sequence file.
- View—Lists the available panes or windows for a sequence file. These commands are available only when a Sequence File window is active.
- Steps—Displays the Steps pane where you edit the steps in the Setup, Main, and Cleanup step groups for the sequence file.
- Sequences—Displays the Sequences pane where you edit the sequences in the sequence file.
- Variables—Displays the Variables pane where you edit the locals, parameters, and file globals for the sequence file and station globals.
- Types—Displays the Types window where you can edit step types, custom data types, and built-in data types. The TestStand Sequence Editor selects the active sequence file in the Type Palettes window.
- Comments—When you enable this option, the pane displays comments for each sequence. Use the Sequence Properties dialog box to edit the comment for a sequence.
- Requirements—When you enable this option, the pane displays requirements for sequences. Use the Sequence Properties dialog box to edit the list of requirements for a sequence.
Attributes dialog box
Sequence Hierarchy Window
Sequence File Callbacks dialog box
Sequence Properties dialog box