TestStand 2019 Help
»View Product Info
Messages Tab Context Menu
Right-click an item in the Messages list on the Messages tab to launch the context menu, which can contain the following options depending on the item you select:
- Goto Location—Opens the TestStand file and locates the object that caused the message. You can also double-click a message in the Messages list to go to the location of the object in the TestStand file that caused the message.
- Mark Message as Ignored in Analyzer Project—Ignores the messages you select in subsequent analysis sessions and moves the messages from the Active Messages view of each Messages tab that includes the messages to the Messages the Analyzer Project Ignores view of each tab. When you mark a message as ignored, the sequence analyzer prompts you for text that provides the justification to ignore the message. The Justification to Ignore column displays the text you enter for the messages.
Select this option only when you are sure the issue will not cause a run-time error. For example, if the subsequent analyzer session reports an undefined local variable in a step expression and you know a step in the sequence creates that local variable, you can safely ignore the error message. As another example, if the TestStand Sequence Analyzer warns about a potentially unused variable and you know a code module uses the variable, you can safely ignore the message.
When you mark a message as ignored, the sequence analyzer adds a copy of the ignored message to the list of ignored messages in the current analyzer project. The sequence analyzer ignores the message in subsequent analysis sessions for the current analyzer project.
If the sequence analyzer generates a message when analyzing a file that contains a TestStand type, the analyzer also generates a nearly identical message when analyzing other files that contain the same type. The messages for each file differ only with respect to the specified filename. When you mark any of these messages as ignored, the analyzer ignores the messages for all files that contain the type.
Disable a rule on the Rules tab of the TestStand Sequence Analyzer application to ignore all messages for that rule in subsequent analysis.
- Mark Message as Fixed—Marks the messages you select as fixed and moves the messages from the Active Messages view of each Messages tab that includes the messages to the Fixed view of each tab. When you mark an issue as fixed, the sequence analyzer reports the message again in subsequent analysis sessions if you do not fix the issue itself.
- Mark Message as Active—Marks the messages you select as active and moves the messages from the ignored messages view or the Messages Fixed view of each Messages tab that includes the messages to the Active Messages view of each tab.
- Delete Message—Removes the messages you select from the current project. This option is available only for dimmed messages in the ignored messages view, which indicates that the most recent analysis of the current, sequence file, or workspace file did not generate the message.
- Goto Rule—Locates the rule on the Rules tab of the sequence analyzer application so you can disable or configure the rule.
- Columns—Launches the Columns context menu, which you use to show and hide columns. The Text column menu item is always dimmed because you cannot hide the Text column.