TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
Run Options Panel
The Run Options panel contains the following options:
- Load Option—Specifies one of the following Load Option settings for the step:
- Preload when opening sequence file—Loads the code module when TestStand loads into memory the sequence that contains the step.
- Preload when execution begins—Loads the code module when any sequence in the sequence file that contains the step begins executing. This value is the default setting.
- Load dynamically—Does not load the code module until the step is ready to call it.
||Note Typically, you must dynamically load steps that execute conditionally based on bitness. If you preload steps that depend on bitness-specific code modules, the version of the step that does not match the bitness of TestStand fails to load and returns an error even though the bitness-conditional code prevents the step from executing.
- Unload Option—Specifies when the step releases the reference to its code module. TestStand unloads a code module when all steps that refer to the code module can unload. This option specifies one of the following Unload Option settings for the step:
- Unload when precondition fails—Unload the code module when the precondition for the step evaluates to False.
- Unload after step executes—Unload the code module after the step finishes executing.
- Unload after sequence executes—Unload the code module after the sequence that contains it finishes executing.
- Unload when sequence file is unloaded—Unload the code module when TestStand unloads the sequence file that contains the step from memory. This value is the default setting.
||Note If you enable the Optimize Non-Reentrant Calls to this Sequence option on the General tab of the Sequence Properties dialog box, TestStand does not unload the code modules for the sequence until after the execution ends, regardless of the Unload Option setting for the sequence file or the steps in the sequence.
- Run Mode—Sets the following run-mode values for the step:
- Normal—The step executes normally.
- Skip—The step does not execute. Instead, the step status is set to Skipped.
- Force Pass—The step does not execute. Instead, the step status is set to Passed.
- Force Fail—The step does not execute. Instead, the step status is set to Failed.
- Precondition Evaluation in Interactive Mode—Determines whether TestStand evaluates the step precondition when you run the step interactively. This control contains the following options:
- Evaluate precondition
- Do not evaluate precondition
- Use station option
- TestStand Window Activation—Determines whether the TestStand application activates its window when the step completes. This control contains the following options:
- Activate when step completes
- If initially active, re-activate when step completes
- No activation
- Result Recording Option—Determines whether the contents of the Result property for the step are added to the result list for the sequence. Select from the following recording options:
- Disabled—No result is recorded.
- Enabled—A result is recorded.
- Enabled (override sequence setting)—A result is recorded even if the value of Sequence.DisableResults is True.
- Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure—TestStand maintains an internal status value for each executing sequence. When TestStand sets the status property of a step to Failed, and you have enabled this option for the step, TestStand sets the internal sequence status value to Failed. If the internal status of the sequence is Failed when the sequence returns, TestStand sets the status of the calling step to Failed. This affects steps that use the Sequence Call step type or the Action step type with the Sequence Adapter. Steps that use the Pass/Fail Test, Numeric Limit Test, Multiple Numeric Limit Test, and String Value Test step types with the Sequence Adapter overwrite the step status.
- Ignore Run-Time Errors—Prevents the step from reporting a run-time error to the sequence. When a step causes a run-time error, the step stops executing, and TestStand sets the status of the step to Error. when you disable this option, TestStand also sets the internal status of the sequence to Error, and execution branches to the Cleanup step group for the sequence. When you enable this option, TestStand does not set the internal status of the sequence to Error. Instead, TestStand resets the Error.Occurred property of the step to False and execution continues normally with the next step. The value of the Result.Status property remains set to Error for the step.
- Ignore Termination—Controls the response of TestStand when a subsequence you call from this step causes the execution to terminate. When you enable this option, TestStand terminates the subsequence and sets the status of the calling step to Terminated but allows the calling sequence to proceed normally from the next step. In most cases, only process model files use this option. This option has no effect when you abort an execution.
The Run Options tab displays the following options for Sequence Call steps:
- Sequence Call Trace Setting—Controls tracing for calls to a subsequence. The ring control contains the following options:
- Use current trace setting—Maintains the current tracing state when it calls the subsequence. This is the default value. In most cases, only process model files use other values for this option.
- Enable tracing in sequence—Enables tracing for calls to the subsequence, and it restores the original tracing state when the subsequence returns.
- Disable tracing in sequence—Disables tracing for calls to the subsequence, and restores the original tracing state when the subsequence returns. However, when you enable the Allow Tracing into Sequence Calls Marked with Tracing "Disabled" option on the Execution tab of the Station Options dialog box, TestStand ignores this setting and does not alter the tracing state when it calls the subsequence.
- Use initial execution setting—Enables the tracing state unless the execution was created while tracing was disabled. Typically, a process model uses this setting to control the tracing state when the model calls MainSequence in the client sequence file.
Sequence File Translators
Sequence Properties dialog box