NI Switch Executive 2015 Help
»View Product Info
NI Switch Executive organizes the configuration data associated with a virtual device in the columns and rows of a worksheet. To modify and add data without affecting the ability to import the file, adhere to the following guidelines.
||Note If you fail to format data in Excel in accordance with the following rules and guidelines, NI Switch Executive returns an error at import, and import fails.
||Note When importing data, ensure that all required attributes (columns) are specified.
- Inserting a row—You can insert a row anywhere in a workbook.
- NI Switch Executive requires an empty row between configuration data and any custom non-configuration data you add to a worksheet.
- NI Switch Executive does not require an empty row between a column heading row and its data rows.
- Inserting a column—You can insert a column anywhere in a workbook.
- NI Switch Executive accepts empty columns.
- Deleting a column—You can only delete a column in a workbook if it is not a required column. All other columns are optional.
- Renaming a column—Not supported, unless the column was added by a user.
- Reordering columns—You can reorder any column in a workbook.
- Inserting a worksheet—You can insert a worksheet or a custom sheet, such as a chart sheet, macro, or a dialog sheet, anywhere in a workbook.
- Inserting a chart or object—You can insert a chart or other object anywhere in a worksheet.
- Deleting a worksheet—You can only delete a worksheet if it is not the IVI Device worksheet. The IVI Device worksheet is required when you import; all other worksheets are optional.
- Renaming a worksheet—You can rename any worksheet.
- Reordering worksheets—You can reorder any worksheet.
- Renaming a workbook—You can rename a workbook.