LabVIEW 2018 Real-Time Module Help
»View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Real-Time Module
Use this page of the Real-Time Application Properties dialog box to configure advanced settings for a stand-alone real-time application.
This page includes the following components:
- Enable debugging—Enables debugging for the real-time stand-alone application from a host computer.
- Wait for debugger on launch—Sets the application, shared library, or .NET interop assembly to load but not run until the user enables it to run through the LabVIEW debugging controls. Place a checkmark in the Enable debugging checkbox to enable this option.
- Copy error code files—Adds copies of XML-based LabVIEW error code text files from the project\errors and user.lib\errors directories to the run-time engine.
|Note You must manually create an errors folder in the labview\user.lib directory to organize your error code files.|
- Use custom aliases file—Copies the project aliases file with the application, shared library, or .NET interop assembly. If you place a checkmark in the checkbox, the Select Project File dialog box appears and you can select an aliases file in the project.
- Aliases file in project—Specifies the aliases file to use with the application, shared library, or .NET interop assembly if you select Use custom aliases file.
- Browse Project—Displays the Select Project File dialog box, which you can use to select an aliases file.
- Enable Enhanced DSC Run-Time support—This option only appears if you have the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module installed. Builds the application with the enhanced DSC Module Run-Time Engine. The DSC Module Run-Time Engine adds additional support for programmatic project library and shared variable management in applications that you build with the DSC Module. You must place a checkmark in this checkbox in the following situations:
- The application you want to build uses VI Server references to modify a library file programmatically.
- The application you want to build uses the Save to Library VI.
If you do not enable the enhanced DSC Module Run-Time Engine in these two situations, LabVIEW returns error code 1055 when you run the built application, shared library, or .NET interop assembly.
|Note Enabling this option increases the file size and reduces the start-up performance of the built application, shared library, or .NET interop assembly.|
- Generate build log file—Specifies whether to create a log file for the build. The build log file lists all files contained in the build, including subVIs you do not specify as Startup VIs or Always Included. The log file also contains general build information such as build start and end time, the build specification and project name, and any errors that occurred during the build.
- Log file path—Specifies the path to save the build log file.
- Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout—Specifies to use a flat file layout to store source files inside a stand-alone application, shared library, or Web service. LabVIEW enables this option by default for build specifications you load from LabVIEW 8.6 or earlier. National Instruments recommends you disable this option for applications you develop in LabVIEW 2009 or later.
- Enable SSE2 optimization—Configures this build specification to include SSE2 instructions when compiling the included VIs. Remove the checkmark from this checkbox if the target for this build specification does not support SSE2 instructions.
|Note (64-bit LabVIEW running on Windows) 64-bit LabVIEW does not include the Enable SSE2 optimization option. Internally, 64-bit LabVIEW always compiles with SSE2 optimization enabled.|