CompactRIO Reference and Procedures (FPGA Interface)
»View Product Info
The following documents contain information that you might find helpful as you use LabVIEW with CompactRIO. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader with Search and Accessibility 5.0.5 or later installed to view the PDFs. Refer to the Adobe Systems Incorporated Web site to download Acrobat Reader. Refer to the National Instruments Product Manuals Library for updated documentation resources.
- NI 9852 Operating Instructions—Refer to this document for information about using the NI 9852 module. This document is included in your hardware shipping kit. You also can access the NI 9852 Operating Instructions by selecting Start»All Programs»National Instruments»CompactRIO»CAN»NI 9852 Operating Instructions.
- NI 9853 Operating Instructions—Refer to this document for information about using the NI 9853 module. This document is included in your hardware shipping kit. You also can access the NI 9853 Operating Instructions by selecting Start»All Programs»National Instruments»CompactRIO»CAN»NI 9853 Operating Instructions.
- CompactRIO Related Documentation—Refer to this list for information about CompactRIO manuals and help resources.
- LabVIEW Help—Use the LabVIEW Help for information on how to use the LabVIEW FPGA Module, and other C Series modules.
- NI-CAN Hardware and Software User Manual—NI-CAN is the software for National Instruments PCI, PXI, and PCMCIA cards for CAN. You can download NI-CAN from ni.com/downloads. You also can access the NI-CAN manual by selecting Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-CAN»NI-CAN Hardware and Software Manual. The NI-CAN Hardware and Software Manual contains a general overview of CAN, plus information on frame to channel conversion. Frame to channel conversion is a software feature that you can use with the CompactRIO CAN module, even if you do not use an NI CAN PCI, PXI, or PCMCIA card. You can find information about frame to channel conversion in the Frame To Channel Conversion section of the chapter titled Using the Channel API.
NI 9852/NI 9853 Related Examples
The NI 9852/NI 9853 software installs several examples that provide an excellent starting point for your development. The description of each example describes the configuration required to run the example and an overview of the LabVIEW VIs.
You can find the examples for the NI 9852/NI 9853 by selecting Help»Find Examples in LabVIEW to launch the NI Example Finder. Select Hardware Input and Output»CAN»CompactRIO in the NI Example Finder window.