SignalExpress 2013 Help
»View Product Info
You can use the Run LabVIEW VI steps to run LabVIEW VIs in SignalExpress.
||Note To use a Run LabVIEW VI step, you must have the corresponding version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine installed. You do not need to install the LabVIEW Development System to use a Run LabVIEW VI step. The Run LabVIEW VI steps do not support VIs developed in 64-bit versions of LabVIEW.
Complete the following steps to use a VI in SignalExpress.
- Click the Add Step button and select the Run LabVIEW VI step for the version of LabVIEW in which you saved your VI.
- Click the browse button next to the Select VI field and navigate to the VI you want to use in the SignalExpress project.
- Click the Connect Input button and select which input on the VI you want to use to pass in a signal from another step in the project. SignalExpress reads the connector pane of the VI to determine the inputs to list in the Connect Input dialog box.
- In the Input signal drop-down list, select a signal from a previous step you want to pass into the VI. This drop-down list displays signals for steps that execute before the Run LabVIEW VI step.
- The Run LabVIEW VI step reads the connector pane of the VI and lists the outputs in the Outputs list. For each output signal, SignalExpress selects the appropriate signal type so other steps in the project can use the signals correctly.
After you specify the input and output signals of the Run LabVIEW VI step, you can run the step like any other step within SignalExpress projects. You can view the front panel of the VI and change the parameters of the step while it is running.
Note VIs you use in your Run LabVIEW VI step must be reentrant and must be in LLBs or development distributions.|