LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Application Builder or Professional System (Windows)
Use this page of the Installer Properties dialog box to add installers for National Instruments products and drivers, such as the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, to the installer build.
When you build the installer, make sure the product installer files are available in the correct location. For example, you might need to insert the CD that contains the product installer files into a CD drive.
This page includes the following components:
- Automatically select recommended installers—Specifies that LabVIEW automatically selects recommended additional installers to distribute with an installer based on the build specifications on the Source Files page. Remove the checkmark from this checkbox to manually select installers.
- National Instruments Installers to Include—Lists the National Instruments products installed on the computer that are available for deployment. To enable this component, remove the checkmark from Automatically select recommended installers. You can then click an installer name to display information about the installer. Select the products you want to include in the installer build.
|The additional National Instruments installer(s) you select to include in the installer contain only the features installed on this computer and therefore might not be complete copies of the original product(s).|
The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine for the version of LabVIEW you are running is selected by default. You can expand the tree for this checkbox and remove checkmarks from the components of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine to reduce the size of the installer. Do not remove the checkmark next to a product that the stand-alone application or shared library uses to run.
- Install type—Specifies the installer type to include for the installer you select in the National Instruments Installers to Include listbox. Installer types depend on the product. For example, types might include Full or Run-Time.
- Description—Includes information about the installer you select in the National Instruments Installers to Include listbox.
- Distribution title—Displays the current distribution of LabVIEW.
- Installer source location—Displays the path to the installer for the product included in the installer build. This is the root directory of the location from which you installed the product, usually on a CD or network drive.
- To minimize media prompts while building your installers, copy the selected installers and all future installers to this computer—Select this checkbox to cache installers for future use.
The additional National Instruments installer(s) you select to include in the installer contain only the features installed on this computer and therefore might not be complete copies of the original product(s).
If you want to include third-party products in the installer build, configure the Run executable at end of installation option on the Advanced page.
Building and Distributing Applications Home