LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Use this page of the Class Properties dialog box to configure the inheritance settings of a LabVIEW class.
This page includes the following components:
- Inheritance Hierarchy—Displays the inheritance hierarchy of a LabVIEW class. This section includes the following components:
- Class Name—Displays the name of the LabVIEW class and any parent and child classes.
- Class Description—Displays the description if you previously entered a description of the class in the Description text box on the Documentation page.
- Change Inheritance—Opens the Change Inheritance dialog box. Use this dialog box to change the inheritance of a LabVIEW class.
- Transfer all Must Override requirements to descendant classes—Place a checkmark in this checkbox to allow the class to transfer all override requirements to any descendant classes instead of overriding the dynamic dispatch VI itself. You also can use the Transfer Must Overrides? property to transfer all override requirements to descendant classes programmatically.
- Data Value References - Restrictions on New and Delete—Includes the following components:
- Restrict references of this class type to member VIs of this class—Allows only member VIs of this class to create data value references to members of this class. If you create a new class, LabVIEW enables this option by default.
- Restrict references of descendant class types to member VIs of this class—Allows only member VIs of this class to create data value references to any descendants of this class.