LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Application Builder or Professional System
Use this page of the Packed Library Properties dialog box to configure the destination settings and add destination directories to a packed project library.
This page includes the following components:
- Destinations—Specifies the destination directories in which you want to include the files that the build generates.
Click the Add Destination and Remove Destination buttons to add and delete directories. The first destination in the list corresponds with the Target filename on the Information page.
- Add Destination—Adds a custom destination directory to the Destinations listbox.
- Remove Destination—Removes the selected destination directory from the Destinations listbox. You cannot remove any default destination directory that is already present in the Destinations list.
- Destination label—Specifies the name for the directory selected in the Destinations listbox. You can select these names as destinations on the Source File Settings page in the Destination pull-down menu. You cannot change the Destination label setting for the target filename or support directories. If you do not change the text in the Destination path text box, editing the destination label updates the text in the Destination path text box.
- Destination path—Specifies the path to the directory or LLB you select in the Destinations listbox. If you change the path of the target filename, any destinations that are subdirectories automatically update to reflect the new path.
When you select Support Directory from the Destinations list, Destination path specifies where non-LabVIEW files save when you build the packed library. The default location for Support Directory is the same location as the destination directory of the packed library.
|Note To avoid receiving an error during the build process, ensure that file paths for the destination directory, including the filename, are less than 255 characters.|
Append the [VersionNumber] tag to the path so LabVIEW includes the version of the build when constructing the build directory. For example, the path C:\temp\builds\[VersionNumber] creates the C:\temp\builds\18.104.22.168 directory on disk. The next time you build, the directory on disk increments to C:\temp\builds\22.214.171.124 and so on. Use the [VersionNumber] tag for the Application (EXE), .NET Interop Assembly, Packed Library, Shared Library (DLL), and Source Distribution build specifications.
- Destination type—Specifies the destination type of the item you select in the Destinations listbox. You cannot change this setting for applications or support directories.
- Directory—Specifies that the destination is a directory.
- Preserve disk hierarchy—Preserves the disk hierarchy of the files targeted to this destination directory.
- LLB—Specifies that the destination is an LLB.
- Add files to new project library—Specifies that you want to add files you move to the selected destination to a new project library.
- Library name—Name of the new project library to which LabVIEW adds the files.
Building and Distributing Applications Home