LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Select Tools»Advanced»Edit Palette Set to display this dialog box. If you are working on multiple targets, display this dialog from a VI on the target whose palette set you want to modify.
Use this dialog box to edit a palette set, create and move subpalettes, insert rows or columns in a palette, set a file to update based on the contents of a directory, and add VIs to a palette set.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Current Palette Set—Displays the location of the palette set you are editing.
- Save Changes—Saves changes you just made to the palette set.
- Preview changes before saving—Place a checkmark in this checkbox to display the Preview Palette Changes dialog box when you click the Save Changes button.
- Cancel—Cancels changes you just made to the palette set.
- Restore To Default—Replaces the palette set with the default palette set when you installed LabVIEW. LabVIEW reverts all changes to the palette set, including changes you made in this editing session and changes you saved from previous editing sessions.
If a palette belongs to a project library, you can view the path to the project library. Right-click a palette and select Display Path To Palette File from the shortcut menu. LabVIEW displays the actual path of the palette and the path to the owning library, if the palette belongs to a library.
You also can use the Palette Editing VIs to edit the Controls or Functions palette set programmatically.