LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Click the broken Run button on any broken VI to display the Error list window. If warnings exist in a VI, the Warnings button also is available to the left of the Run button.
Use this dialog box to display the errors and warnings used to correct a broken VI and to debug an executable VI.
Selecting an item from the Items with errors listbox displays associated errors and warnings in the errors and warnings listbox. Selecting an error or warning from the errors and warnings listbox displays more information in the Details listbox.
The Show Error and Help buttons become available after you select an error or warning in the listbox.
This window includes the following components:
- Items with errors—Lists all LabVIEW items affected by errors and warnings in the current VI. If two or more items have the same name, this list shows the specific application instance for each ambiguous item. Broken items appear with a red glyph beside the item name. LabVIEW sorts these items to the top of the Items with errors list. Items that cause errors in other items because you are editing them appear with a pencil icon beside the item name. Items that appear with no icons beside the item name have errors because an item on which they depend has errors.
- Show Warnings—Sets whether the window indicates VI warnings in addition to errors. Warnings do not break a VI by themselves but often result from larger problems.
- errors and warnings—Lists all errors and warnings associated with the VI, if a VI is selected.
- Details—Indicates specific details of the selected error or warning.
- Close—Closes the Error list window.
- Show Error—Highlights the area on the front panel or block diagram that contains the error or warning. Clicking this button does not close the Error list window.
- Help—Displays a topic in the LabVIEW Help that describes the error in detail and includes step-by-step instructions for correcting the error.