LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Right-click a LabVIEW instrument driver project library (.lvlib) in the Project Explorer window and select New»Instrument Driver VI from the shortcut menu to display this wizard.
Use this wizard to create instrument driver VIs for an instrument driver project.
This wizard includes the following series of pages, depending on which option you select on the Start page:
- Start—Includes the following components:
- Create from an instrument driver template VI—Creates the instrument driver VI from a template VI.
- Copy from an existing VI—Copies and configures an existing instrument driver VI and its subVIs.
- Configure your own VI—Configures an instrument command, specifies how to parse a response, interacts with connected instruments, and generates the corresponding instrument I/O and string formatting/parsing code into a new instrument driver VI.
- Add a blank VI—Creates an instrument driver VI that contains only a VISA resource name control and indicator and an error cluster control and indicator.
- Clone from Template—Includes the following component:
- Available instrument driver templates—Displays a list of instrument driver templates that you can select.
- Browse for VI—Includes the following components:
- Browse for the VI to copy—Displays the path to the instrument driver VI you want to copy.
- Browse—Displays a file dialog box in which you can select the instrument driver VI you want to copy.
- Select VI type—Includes the following components:
- Configuration VI—Creates a VI that sends a command using VISA Write rather than reading a response from the instrument.
- Measurement VI—Creates a VI that sends a command and reads a response from the instrument.
- Control setup—Includes some or all of the following components, depending on whether you select Configuration VI or Measurement VI on the Select VI type page:
- Command text with parameters in percents—Enter parameters for the command surrounded by % characters.
- Configure parameters—Lists the input parameters for the command.
- Data type—Select the data type of the selected parameter.
- parameter name—Select the default value of the selected parameter.
- Test the command—Select the instrument to which you want to send the command.
- Run Test—Sends the command to the selected instrument.
- Bytes written—Displays the number of bytes sent to the instrument.
- Explain Error—Displays VISA errors.
- Command preview—Displays a preview of the formatted command.
- Response—Displays the response from the instrument.
- Output data type—Select the data type of the response from the instrument.
- Array—Place a checkmark in this box to parse the response as an array of elements.
- Delimiter—Specify a delimiter to separate each element in the array response.
- VI Properties—Includes the following components:
- VI name—Enter a filename for the new instrument driver VI.
- VI icon—Displays the icon for the new instrument driver VI.
- Edit icon—Displays the Icon Editor dialog box, in which you can edit the VI icon.
- VI description—Contains the text that appears in the Context Help window if you move the cursor over the VI icon. Use <B> and </B> tags around any text in the description you want to format as bold. You also can use the VI Description property to edit the VI description programmatically.
- Select VI location in project—Select a folder to modify the path to the new instrument driver VI in the VI path text box.
- VI path—Displays the path to the new instrument driver VI.
- Summary—Displays information about the new VI, such as the paths to the project and the VI.