LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Select Operate»Connect to Remote Panel to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to view a front panel remotely using LabVIEW.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Server address—IP address of the server. You also can enter the computer name.
- VI name—Name of the VI on the server to which you want to connect. To specify a VI that is part of a LabVIEW project, you must include the project name, the project library, and the target in the path of the VI, when applicable. For example, if MyVI.vi resides in a project called MyProject.lvproj under target My Computer, enter the VI name as MyProject.lvproj/My Computer/MyVI.vi. If the VI resides in a project library called MyLibrary, also include the project library in the path, as in MyProject.lvproj/My Computer/MyLibrary.lvlib:MyVI.vi. If the VI is not in a project or project library, you can enter the VI name without any additional information.
- Port—HTTP port where the server is located. The default is 80.
- Request control—Requests control of the front panel immediately after opening a connection to the server. The server queues the request if another client currently controls the front panel.
- Connection status—Displays progress information and reports connection errors.
You also can use the Remote Panel Open Connection to Server method to display the remote front panel of a VI programmatically.