LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Right-click any object and select Description and Tip from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box.
You can create descriptions and tip strips for objects. Use this dialog box to create descriptions and tips for your own reference, or if you plan to distribute the objects to other users.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Description—Contains your description of an object in a project.
You can format the text in the description to appear bold in the Context Help window. If you want to display a carriage return in the Context Help window, you must separate paragraphs with two carriage returns.
- Controls, indicators, and constants—You can enter your description of controls, indicators, or constants in the Description component of the Description and Tip Dialog Box. You can view your description by either opening the Description and Tip Dialog Box or moving your cursor over the object to display the Context Help window.
- VIs and functions—You can enter and view your description for VIs or functions from the Functions palette in the Description and Tip Dialog Box. Your description will not appear in the Context Help window.
- Tip—Contains a more brief description of an object than the Description component.
- Controls, indicators, and constants—You can enter a tip for controls, indicators, and constants in the Tip component of the Description and Tip Dialog Box. The tip you enter displays in a textbox when you move the cursor over a front panel object while a VI runs.
- The Tip text box is available only for controls, indicators, or constants. You cannot enter tip information for VIs or functions.