LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Professional System
Select Tools»Profile»VI Metrics to display this window.
Use this window to gain a rough measure of the complexity of a VI or VI hierarchy.
This window includes the following components:
- Select a VI—Sets the VI to be analyzed.
- # of user VIs—Indicates how many user-created VIs are referenced by the selected VI.
- # of vi.lib VIs—Indicates how many VIs in vi.lib are referenced by the selected VI.
- Exclude vi.lib files from statistics—Sets whether VI Metrics counts LabVIEW VIs located in the labview\vi.lib directory in determining complexity. This checkbox is selected by default. If you want to gather metrics on vi.lib VIs, you can remove the checkmark from this checkbox. By default, the VI Metrics window excludes VIs in vi.lib from the listing and from the totals. Calls to vi.lib VIs are counted as nodes, but information about the number of VIs they call and the complexity of those vi.lib VIs are not added to the total measurements for the selected hierarchy. This is appropriate if you are trying to get a measurement of the complexity of the code that you have written.
- Exclude files in this folder from statistics—Sets whether VI Metrics counts the files in the folder you select.
- Exclude files in this folder from statistics—Excludes VIs in the specified folder from the Metrics Statistics field.
- Show statistics for—Determines which statistics appear in the Metrics Statistics field.
- Diagram—Sets whether to display statistics for the VI block diagram.
- User interface—Sets whether to display statistics for user interface elements in the VI.
- Globals/locals—Sets whether to display statistics for variables included in the VI.
- Shared lib calls—Sets whether to display statistics for Call Library Function Nodes in the selected VI.
- SubVI interface—Sets whether to display statistics about connector panes for the selected VI's subVIs.
- Metrics Statistics—This text area displays all VI statistics in table format as specified in Show statistics for.
- Save—Saves information from the displayed columns to a text file.
- Done—Closes this window.