LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
When you build an installer, you might need to include installers for devices or other National Instruments products in the installer build. For example, if you build an installer for a stand-alone application or shared library that uses the Storage/DataPlugin VIs, you must include the NI USI installer. By default, LabVIEW automatically adds installers for the National Instruments products that you installed on the computer you are using.
||Caution When you add a National Instruments product installer to the installer build, you are adding only the components of the installer that you installed on the computer you are using. When users run the installer you built, the installer might remove components of the product from the user computer that are not part of the installer. To minimize the risk of removing product components on user computers, ensure you have a complete and up-to-date installation of the product on the computer you are using, including all optional components, before you add the product installer to the build.|
Manually Selecting Additional Installers
To prevent LabVIEW from selecting installers automatically, remove the checkmark from the Automatically select recommended installers checkbox on the Additional Installers page of the Installer Properties dialog box for your installer. You can then select the installers you want to include with your installer from the National Instruments Installers to Include list. This list might include but is not limited to the following installers:
- NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine—Include this installer with applications and shared libraries. The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine includes 3D graph support and NI Reports, which provides support for generating LabVIEW reports in applications and shared libraries. You can specify whether to include the following components of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine:
- Math Kernel Libraries—Include this component for algorithms the Analysis VIs use for specific processors.
- NI ActiveX Container—Include this component to distribute NI ActiveX objects, properties, methods, and events with an installer.
- NI Error Reporting—Include this component to detect application crashes and internal warnings. Enabling this component also allows you to create reports on disk that contain memory dumps and log files that can help you troubleshoot an issue.
- NI LabVIEW Real-Time NBFifo—Include this component when using LabVIEW Real-Time FIFOs on desktop computers.
- NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine Non-English Support—Include this component to make sure that the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine reports error messages in the language of the operating system on which you run an application type.
- NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine Web Server—Include this component when using the Web Server for stand-alone applications and shared libraries.
- NI System Web Server—Include this component when using Web services to communicate between National Instruments software, such as LabVIEW and NI Measurement & Automation Explorer.
- NI Logos 5.4—Include this component for the network protocol that uses network-published shared variables.
- NI TDM Streaming—Include this component when using TDMS VIs to perform file I/O operations.
- NI VC2008MSMs—Include this component to install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime to load and run the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on computers where the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime has not been previously installed.
- NI VC2010MSMs—This component installs Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime to load and run the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine with .NET support. Include this component on computers where the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine has not been previously installed.
- NI LabWindows/CVI; Run-Time Engine—Include this installer with shared libraries (DLLs) built in LabWindows™/CVI™.
- NI USI—Include this installer if the application or shared library uses the Storage/DataPlugin VIs.
- NI LabVIEW DSC Module Runtime—Include this installer if the application or shared library uses LabVIEW DSC Module features, including security, alarming, and logging.
- NI DataSocket—Include this installer if the application or shared library uses DataSocket. Includes the DataSocket Server, DataSocket Server Manager, and OPC Demo Server.
- NI Measurement & Automation Explorer—Include this installer to configure, test, and communicate with National Instruments hardware.
- NI TDM Excel Add-In—Include this installer to load .tdm and .tdms files from Microsoft Excel.
- NI Distributed System Manager—Include this installer to create and monitor variables, processes, I/O servers, and Web services, as well as to interact with the Shared Variable Engine and manage security and aliases.
- NI Variable Engine—Include this installer for applications in which you want to host, configure, or create shared variables and for applications that read and write live data using shared variables.
- NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring—Include this installer if you want to use NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring, which allows you to configure and control the Application Web Server, as well as remote devices, such as RT targets.