LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Configure tab controls by right-clicking a tab on the tab control and selecting from items on the shortcut menu.
Complete the following steps to configure a tab control.
- Right-click a tab on the tab control.
- Select from the following shortcut menu items:
||Note This is not a complete list of menu items you see when you right-click a tab on a tab control.
- Reorder Controls In Page—Reorders the objects on the active page for key navigation. LabVIEW disables this item if there are not at least two controls on the page.
- Advanced—Select from the following items:
- Hide Page—Hides the current page. If you hide the default page, the next page becomes the default page. If the only visible page is the default page, you cannot hide the default page. You also can use the Page Visible property to hide a page of the tab control programmatically.
- Page Enabled State—Modifies the enabled state of a page of the tab control. Select from Enabled, Disabled, and Disabled & Grayed. You also can use the Page Enabled State property to modify the enabled state of a page of the tab control programmatically.
- Show Hidden Page—Shows a specific hidden page by name. You also can use the Page Visible property to show a hidden page of the tab control programmatically.
- Make Page Caption Match Label—Remove the checkmark next to this option to change the tab text without changing the page label associated with the page. To display the page label, right-click the tab and select Visible Items»Page Labels Display from the shortcut menu. Page labels correspond to the values of the enumerated type control on the block diagram.
- Auto Grow—Increases the tab control size if an object you place on a page is outside the bounds of the tab control.
- Size To Fit—The tab control resizes to fit its contents. If you enable this shortcut item, LabVIEW enables the Auto Grow item automatically.
- Allow Multiple Colors—Allows different colors on the individual pages of a tab control.
- Allow Multiple Rows—Arranges any tabs that extend beyond the width of the tab control into an additional row of tabs. Remove the checkmark next to this option to display navigation buttons on the upper right of the tab control. Use these navigation buttons to scroll through tabs that are not visible.
- Tab Size—Adjusts the size of the tabs. Select from Size Tabs To Contents, Size All Tabs To Largest Tab, or Fixed Tab Size. If you select Fixed Tab Size, use the Positioning tool to resize the individual tabs.
Place a checkmark by Justify Tabs to stretch each row of tabs to fill the entire width of the tab control. If the tab control has multiple rows of tabs, LabVIEW automatically justifies the tab size.
- Tab Layout—Changes whether you can use text and/or images on the tabs of each tab control. You also can use this shortcut menu to add and remove images from the tabs.
- Tab Location—Changes the location of the tabs on the tab control.
You also can use the TabControl and Page properties to configure tab controls and individual tab control pages programmatically. You must obtain a reference to a tab control page before you can configure an individual page.