LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
LabVIEW defines its built-in fonts as the default system fonts. When you move VIs between platforms, LabVIEW automatically updates its built-in fonts so that they match the default system fonts of the current platform. Additionally, if you attempt to open a VI that uses an unavailable font, LabVIEW substitutes the closest match. LabVIEW handles colors similarly to fonts. If a color is not available on a computer, LabVIEW replaces it with the closest match. You also can use system colors to adapt the appearance of a front panel to the system colors of any computer that runs the VI.
Complete the following steps to change the font, size, and color of text.
- Select the specific objects for which you want to change the font, size, or color of the text. To set the font characteristics for all front panel or block diagram objects, deselect any objects that you have selected.
- Select Font Dialog from the Text Settings pull-down menu on the toolbar to display the Default Font dialog box. This dialog box includes the same options as the Font Style dialog box.
|Note Changing the default font does not change the font of existing labels. It affects only those labels you create from that point on.|
- Select a font in the Font pull-down menu. LabVIEW displays all fonts currently installed on the computer.
- Select a size by clicking the arrow button and choosing a size from the pull-down menu or by entering the size in the Size text box.
- Select an alignment option in the Align pull-down menu.
- Click the Color box and select a color for the text from the color picker that appears.
Tip (Windows and Linux) To make labels transparent, use the Coloring tool and right-click the T in the color picker.|
(macOS) To make labels transparent, use the Coloring tool and <Control>-click the T in the color picker.
- Select how you want the text to appear by placing or removing checkmarks from the Plain, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout, (macOS) Outline, and (macOS) Shadow checkboxes.
- The front panel text with modifications appears in the text box showing how it will appear.
- Place a checkmark in the Panel default or Diagram default checkboxes to use the new text settings as the default font for new front panel or block diagram labels, respectively.
- Click the OK button to save these text settings or click the Cancel button to exit the Default Font dialog box without saving the changes.
(MathScript RT Module) LabVIEW discards color and style settings you apply to text in a MathScript Node when a type of script highlighting is enabled for the node.
You also can use the Font property to set the font programmatically, the Justification property to get and set the justification of text programmatically, and the Text Colors property to change the foreground and background color of a text string programmatically.