LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Complete the following steps to generate text documentation for a VI, template, or object.
||Note This method produces only the text sections of documentation, such as the description and revision history of a VI. It does not include graphics. |
- Open any VI, control, global variable, or template file and select File»Print to display the Print dialog box.
- In the Select VI(s) page of the Print dialog box, select whether you want to generate text documentation for the current VI or for multiple VIs. If you selected Multiple VIs, click the Next button to display the Select VIs page and select the files for which you want to generate text documentation.
- Click the Next button to display the Print Contents page.
- Select the components you want to include in the documentation. If you select VI documentation, click the Next button to display the VI Documentation page and select the components you want to include in the documentation.
- Click the Next button to display the Destination page.
- Select Plain text file and click the Next button to display the Plain Text page.
- Place a checkmark in the Limit text per line to checkbox to specify the number of characters that appear on each line of text.
- Click the Save button to display a file dialog box. The dialog box prompts you to name the text file and select the directory where you want to save the file. The default name of any text documentation is the name of the VI with a .txt extension.
You also can use the Print:VI To Text method to generate VI documentation in text format programmatically.