LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
You can search VIs for text in the front panel window, block diagram window, VI revision history, and VI and object descriptions and replace the existing text with another piece of text. You also can find and replace text in the configuration of a Call Library Function Node.
(Statechart) You can find text in the guard and action code of a statechart. You can find and replace text in the Statechart Editor window.
Complete the following steps to find and replace text in the VIs in an application instance.
- Select Edit»Find and Replace to display the Find dialog box. You also can select a piece of text in the current VI and select Edit»Find and Replace to display the Find dialog box with the text preselected for the search.
- Click the Text button.
- From the Application Instance selection menu, select the application instance in which you want to search for the text. The default application instance is the application instance from which you opened the Find dialog box.
- Enter the text you want to find in the Type in the word(s) to search for text box.
- Click the More Options button to display the Text Search Options dialog box and configure where LabVIEW searches for the text.
- Configure the scope of the search from the Search Scope pull-down menu.
- Click the Find button. The Search Results window lists all instances of the text that LabVIEW found. If only one instance is found, LabVIEW highlights the result on the front panel window or block diagram and the Search Results window in not displayed.
- Select an entry in the Search Results list and click the Go To button to find the text in the VI. You also can double-click the entry in the Search Results list to find the text in the VI.
- In the Replace with list, enter the text with which you want to replace the original text or select a previous text entry.
- To replace all instances of the original text with the new text, click the Replace All button. To replace only selected instances of the original text with the new text, select the instances you want to replace from the Search Results list and then click the Replace Selected button. After you replace a piece of text, you can select the corresponding entry in the Search Results list to find the new text in the VI.
|Note A strikeout icon appears next to an entry in the Search Results list if LabVIEW cannot replace that instance. For example, you cannot replace the text in a Property Node or an Invoke Node. You also cannot replace text in running VIs. If you click the Replace All or Replace Selected buttons, LabVIEW replaces all instances except those marked with a strikeout icon.|