LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Use the Select VIs to Merge dialog box to automatically or interactively resolve differences between an original VI and two revisions of the original VI. Given the original VI and two revisions based on the original VI, LabVIEW can resolve and merge changes into a separate merged VI. If differences between the two VIs conflict, you can interactively resolve the changes using the Merge VIs dialog box.
|Note The Merge VIs dialog box is available only with the LabVIEW Professional Development System.|
Complete the following steps to automatically or interactively merge two VIs.
- Because LabVIEW cannot load two VIs with the same name, you must rename the VIs you want to merge.
- Select Tools»Merge»Merge VIs to display the Select VIs to Merge dialog box.
- Click the Browse button next to the Base VI text box, navigate to the original VI, and click OK.
- Click the Browse button next to the Their VI text box, navigate to the first VI you want to merge, and click OK.
- Click the Browse button next to the Your VI text box, navigate to the second VI you want to merge, and click OK.
- (Optional) Select options from the Merge options section to configure how LabVIEW merges elements of the VIs.
- Click the Merge button. The Merge front panels window, Merge block diagrams window, a merged VI, and the Merge VIs dialog box appear.
- By default, LabVIEW collapses each change in the Unresolved conflicting change(s) field. Click the expand/contract symbol next to each change to view the details of that change.
- For each change, select the detail of either Your VI or Their VI by clicking the description of the change under the Yours or Theirs subcategories. LabVIEW puts an X next to each unresolved change.
|Note Most changes are circled in red on either the Front panel changes window, the Block diagram changes window, or in the untitled merged VI.|
- Click the Choose Base, Choose Theirs, or Choose Yours button to select the change you want to accept and add to the merged VI. As you resolve each change, a checkmark appears next to the change.
- After you resolve all changes, click the Close button to close the Merge VIs dialog box and click the Save button to save the merged VI.
||Note To merge changes from Their VI with changes from Your VI, there must be a common intersection in Base VI. For example, a tunnel must exist in Base VI so that Merge VIs knows that the matching tunnels in Their VI and Your VI also match each other.
You also can configure a third-party source control provider to use LVMerge.exe as the default merge application. LVMerge.exe is equivalent to the Select VIs to Merge dialog box.
To merge LLBs, you can use the Select LLBs to Merge dialog box to automatically or interactively resolve differences between different versions of an LLB.