LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Parent Topic: Hosting Web Services
||Note For more information about concepts in this topic, refer to the Web services introduction and tutorial. LabVIEW Web services are available only in the LabVIEW Full Development System and the LabVIEW Professional Development System.
Complete the following steps to enable and configure the Application Web Server for hosting LabVIEW Web services that are not part of a LabVIEW stand-alone application.
||Note The web server that hosts Web services included with a stand-alone application is automatically enabled.
- Open a standard web browser.
- In the browser, enter a URL for the target on which you want to enable the Application Web Server. The URL must conform to the following syntax:
- To set up the Application Web Server on the local host system, enter the following URL:
- To set up the Application Web Server on a remote target system, right-click the target in a LabVIEW project, select Properties, and browse to the Web Server page. Click the Configure Web Application Server button. If the button is disabled, ensure the Application Web Server is installed on the target.
||Tip You also can enter the following URL in a Web browser:
http://[remote device IP address] where [remote device IP address] is the actual IP address of the remote device.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in. LabVIEW requires the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in to enable and configure the Application Web Server.
- Click the Install Microsoft Silverlight button or if the button does not appear, refer to the Microsoft Website at www.microsoft.com to download the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- After you finish the installation, refresh the browser or reenter the URL to display NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring.
- Click Login and enter a username and password to gain access to NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring for the system. If you have not established security settings for NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring on the system, enter the username Admin and a blank password to gain access using the default credentials.
- Click the Web Server Configuration button to display the Web Server Configuration page.
- Click Help for information about enabling and configuring the Application Web Server.
The Application Web Server runs as an independent system service. You can enable and run the Application Web Server without running LabVIEW or the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on the host system.