NI R Series Multifunction RIO Device Drivers Help
»View Product Info
NI 784xR/785xR/786xR and NI 78xx devices have an onboard temperature sensor. Complete the following steps to read the temperature of the chassis or device.
- Create a new project or open an existing project.
- Configure the LabVIEW Project for your NI 784xR/785xR/786xR and NI 78xx device by completing the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer in the Project Explorer window and select New»Targets and Devices from the shortcut menu to display the Add Targets and Devices dialog box.
- Select the appropriate device under R Series and click the OK button.
- Make sure the Device Temperature I/O item is added to the project.
- Right-click the FPGA target in the Project Explorer window and select New»VI from the shortcut menu to add a new VI to the project.
- Place an FPGA I/O Node on the block diagram of the VI.
- Click the element section of the FPGA I/O Node and select Add New FPGA I/O.
- In the New FPGA I/O dialog box, select Board I/O»Device Temperature from the Available Resources list, and click OK.
- Right-click the Device Temperature output of the FPGA I/O Node and select Create»Indicator from the shortcut menu.
The Device Temperature output returns 16-bit values for the temperature. Refer to your device topic for information on converting this value into meaningful engineering units.