NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
Use folders to gather documents related to the same level of a process or organize a large project.
You can use only one hierarchical level of folders. You cannot create a folder within a folder. However, you can create a covering link between the folder and an existing document, between documents within the folder and documents outside the folder, and between documents in the same folder.
Complete the following steps to add a folder to the project configuration.
- On the Project pane of the Configuration, click Add a folder. The cursor automatically moves to the Project Configuration pane and outlines a folder object. Click on the Project Configuration pane to place the folder.
When you place the folder, Requirements Gateway adds the folder to the Project Files list. The Details tab of the Document Options pane displays the settings for the document.
- On the Details tab of the Document Options pane, click in the Name column to select the Folder1 text. Enter a name for the folder and press <Enter> to rename the folder.
Add a document to a folder in the following ways:
- Double-click the folder to open it, and click Add a document. Double-click the background of the Project Configuration pane to navigate out of the folder.
- Select an existing, unlinked document on the same level as a folder and drag the document into the folder.
- Use the Copy and Paste options in the Configuration dialog box context menu to copy individual documents from one folder to another.