NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
The PowerPoint type browses a specified Microsoft PowerPoint file (.pptx or .ppt) for text in slides and notes that use the correct format for requirements or references.
The PowerPoint type captures the following traceability information from a PowerPoint source file:
- Section—The slides in a PowerPoint file.
- Requirement—[Reqnn: label], where nn is a numeric value in the requirement ID and label is the name of the requirement in natural language.
- Reference—[Covers: reqid], where reqid is the requirement ID. A reference statement can list multiple requirements separated by commas (,). For example, the reference [Covers: REQ1, REQ2, REQ3] covers three requirements.
- Text—Text in the slides and notes. The intermediate file displays the text elements following SHAPES or NOTES.
- Picture—The pictures inserted into the PowerPoint file.
The PowerPoint type defines the following document settings you configure for a PowerPoint document on the Details tab of the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box:
- File or Directory—A PowerPoint file.
- Variable—Defines the following document variable:
- Category—Assigns an analysis category to the PowerPoint document. Select a category from the Value pull-down menu. Use the Overall Quality pane of the Management view to review the use of analysis categories in a project.
- Show Slides—Displays snapshots of slides in the Associated Picture dialog box. Select the checkbox in the Value column to enable this variable. When you enable this variable, Requirements Gateway displays the slide under the PowerPoint document that you select in the Coverage Analysis, Impact Analysis, or Graphical view.