NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
Typically, when you add reference information to project documents, you must manually add a reference statement directly to the covering project document source file. However, if you want to specify a reference between elements in two or more documents without editing project document source files, complete the following steps to use the Link Details view to add the reference to the project.
- Create a type for added elements that defines a reference to add to the project.
- On the From pane of the Link Details view, use the Document pull-down menu to select the covering document for which you created a modification file that uses the type for added elements you created.
- Expand the document in the Document content control and select the section of the document you want to use to cover an upstream requirement.
- From the Link type pull-down menu, select the reference element of the type for added elements you created.
- On the To pane, expand the upstream document in the Requirements control and select the requirement you want to cover.
- Place a checkmark next to the requirement you want to cover. Requirements Gateway creates a reference between the requirement you select on the To pane and the covering document section you select on the From pane.
Requirements Gateway includes the new reference when calculating requirement coverage for the project.
You can also use the Link Details view to add a reference attribute to a reference you create.