NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
The TestStand type browses a specified TestStand sequence, workspace, or project file—or a directory that contains TestStand files—for information that corresponds to requirements or references. For example, the steps in a sequence can cover the requirements for testing a product. You can also use a document of the TestStand XML Reports type or NI ATML TR type to specify a TestStand report file that covers a TestStand file.
||Tip Complete the TestStand tutorial to learn how to add to a project a downstream TestStand document that covers requirements in an upstream document.
The TestStand type captures the following traceability information from a TestStand source file:
- Section—A directory, TestStand workspace, TestStand project, sequence file, sequence, step group, or a step that cannot generate a result.
- Requirement—A step that can generate a result as a requirement using the unique ID of the step as the requirement ID. A document of the TestStand XML Reports type can cover these requirements.
- Reference—A requirement ID in the Requirements List property of a step, sequence, sequence file, project file, or workspace file, or the text [Covers: reqid] in a comment of a step, sequence, sequence file, project file, or workspace file.
- Attribute—The comments, paths, and versions of files.
- Link—A duplicate file.
Configuring a TestStand Document
You can use multiple TestStand files in a single project document to cover requirements. Requirements Gateway considers upstream requirements covered if the combination of TestStand files in a single downstream TestStand document covers the requirements.
The TestStand type defines the following document settings you configure for a TestStand document on the Details tab of the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box:
- File or Directory—The TestStand file or directory that contains TestStand files. Click File Browse to launch the Select Files to Include in Document dialog box, in which you can select one or more sequence or workspace files.
- Variable—Defines the following variables:
- Category—Assigns an analysis category to the TestStand document. Select a category from the Value pull-down menu. Use the Overall Quality pane of the Management view to review the use of analysis categories in a project.
Creating a TestStand Reference from Requirements Gateway
To add a reference in a TestStand sequence file, insert the correct syntax for a TestStand reference into the Requirements List property or a comment of a step, sequence, sequence file, project file, or workspace file. In Requirements Gateway, right-click an upstream requirement covered by a downstream TestStand document and select Copy For from the context menu to launch a submenu that contains the following options:
- TestStand Comment—Copies [Covers: reqid] to the system clipboard. You can then paste the reference in the Comment field of the General panel of the Properties tab of the Step Settings pane for steps or in the Comment field of the Properties dialog box for sequences or files.
- TestStand Requirement List—Copies the requirement ID to the system clipboard. You can paste the ID in the Requirements List on the Requirements panel of the Step Settings pane for steps or in the Requirements List on the General tab of the Properties dialog box for sequences or files.