NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
A type for added elements is a custom type you can create on the Types pane of the Configuration dialog box. Use a type for added elements to specify a specific kind of non-covering link or reference element to add to a project without modifying a project document source file.
To use a type for added elements in a project, you must create a modification file for a project document and apply the type for added elements to the modification file. Requirements Gateway saves the modification file as an XML file in the same directory as the current project.
Because a type for added elements is a custom type, Requirements Gateway saves the type definition in the same .types file as other custom type definitions for the project. Store the .types file in a public directory to make the type for added elements available for other projects.
Creating a Type for Added Elements
Complete the following steps to create a type for added elements.
- On the Types pane of the Configuration dialog box, click Add a type for added elements. The new type appears at the bottom of the Types List.
- Enter a name for the type in the Name control on the Types pane.
You can also click Icon to launch the Select icon dialog box, in which you can specify an icon for the new type. You can use a custom icon for your type. Create a 16 × 16 (pixels) .bmp icon and a corresponding mask icon and save them in the <Requirements Gateway Public>\Config\images directory. Requirements Gateway uses the icon files in this directory and the <Requirements Gateway>\config\images directory to populate the Select icon dialog box.
- Select an element of the type for added elements in the Types List and click Add a type for added elements to add a new element to the type for added elements. For example, create a new link element so you can add a non-covering link in the Graphical view, or create a new reference element so you can add a reference in the Link Details view.
- On the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box, add a modification file to the project.
- Select the type for added elements you created from the Type of Analysis pull-down menu.
- Click OK to apply the changes to the project and close the Configuration dialog box.