Requires: Professional System
Use this page of the Class Properties dialog box to specify the level of editing permission to set.
This page includes the following components:
- Protection—Specifies the level of editing permission to set.
- Unlocked (no password)—Users can view public and private items that the LabVIEW class owns and can edit the LabVIEW class and its properties.
- Locked (no password)—Users cannot add or remove items from the LabVIEW class, edit LabVIEW class properties, or view private items in the Project Explorer window that the LabVIEW class owns. Class properties and member VIs are unavailable when the LabVIEW class is locked.
- Password-protected—Users cannot add or remove items from the LabVIEW class, edit LabVIEW class properties, or view private items in the Project Explorer window that the LabVIEW class owns. Users must enter a password to edit the LabVIEW class. Click the Change Password button to reset the password.
|Note Applying a password for a LabVIEW class automatically stores the password in the LabVIEW password cache, which gives you access to make changes to the LabVIEW class as if you had entered the password. You can remove the password from the cache by restarting LabVIEW or by clearing the password cache from the Environment page of the Options dialog box.|
- Enter Password—Displays the Authentication dialog box and prompts you to enter the password to allow editing. This button is dimmed if the project item is not password-protected.
- Change Password—Resets the password if you selected Password-protected.