Requires: Base Development System
Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box and select Controls/Functions Palettes from the Category list to display this page. You also can click the Customize button on the Controls or Functions palette toolbar and select Options from the shortcut menu to display this page.
Use this page to change palette formats. Select Tools»Advanced»Edit Palette Set to edit a palette set. To show or hide palette categories, click the Customize button on a pinned palette, select Change Visible Palettes, and select the categories you want to show or hide.
This page includes the following components:
- Loading—Use this section to set how LabVIEW loads information about the palettes, which it uses to display and search the palettes. The default is to load information about the palettes in the background.
- Load palettes in background—Loads information about the palettes in the background when you are not using the mouse or keyboard, which improves the performance of LabVIEW when you search for objects on the palettes. Selecting this option might cause LabVIEW to appear slow or unresponsive immediately after you launch it, especially if you run LabVIEW on a network.
- Load palettes when needed—Loads information about the palettes as you navigate the palettes. Selecting this option might cause LabVIEW to appear slow or unresponsive while you navigate the palettes or after you click the Search button on the palette toolbar.
- Load palettes during launch—Loads information about the palettes when LabVIEW starts. Selecting this option prevents you from performing any action in LabVIEW after it starts until it loads all palette information.
- Formatting—Use this section to set the appearance of palettes and palette items.
- Navigation Buttons—Sets which labels LabVIEW displays next to buttons on the palette toolbar. The default is Label Selected Icons. You can select from the following:
- Label Selected Icons—Displays text labels next to the Search and Customize buttons on the palette toolbar.
- Icon Only—Displays no text labels next to the buttons on the palette toolbar.
- Label All Icons—Displays text labels next to all buttons on the palette toolbar.
- Palette—Sets the appearance of the palette items within the selected palette view. You can select from the following:
- Category (Standard)—Displays top-level palettes as categories and displays subpalettes in the format of the individual subpalette.
- Category (Icons and Text)—Displays top-level palettes as categories and displays palette items as icons with text labels below each icon.
- Icons—Displays palette items as icons.
- Icons and Text—Displays palette items as icons with text labels below each icon.
- Text—Displays a text list of palette items. If you close the palette, you can right-click the front panel or block diagram to display a shortcut menu that contains all the palette items. Select View»Controls Palette or View»Functions Palette to display the palette again.
- Tree—Displays palette items as text in a tree control.
- Use window titles in Functions palette—Displays VI window titles in the Functions palette instead of VI names. This checkbox contains a checkmark by default.
|Note Changes to this option take effect the next time you start LabVIEW.|
- Sort palette items—Sorts items on the same level alphabetically. This option only applies to the Text and Tree formats. You also can click the Customize button on the Controls or Functions palettes and select Sort Alphabetically from the shortcut menu to sort items alphabetically.
- Customizing—Follow the directions in this section to customize a palette set.