NI Real-Time Hypervisor 3.0 Help
»View Product Info
If you need to restore your NI Real-Time Hypervisor System but you have not created an image of your hard drive, complete the following steps to format your hard drive and re-install Windows, LabVIEW, the LabVIEW Real-Time Module, and the NI Real-Time Hypervisor:
- Format, partition, and install Windows to your hard drive using the PXI Recovery CD that came with your system:
- Connect a USB CD-ROM drive to the system and insert the PXI Recovery CD.
- Exit all programs and turn off the system.
- Turn on the system.
- Press the <Delete> key to access the BIOS setup utility on your system.
||Note You must press the <Delete> key immediately on startup to access the BIOS setup utility. If you reach the Hypervisor boot menu, restart your system and try again.
- Change the boot priority of your system to boot from the USB CD-ROM drive first.
- Save your changes and restart your system to boot from the USB CD-ROM drive. The CD initializes the factory installation procedures.
- When the National Instruments Windows Recovery screen appears, select LabVIEW Real-Time.
- [Optional] If you wish to use a disk partition for the LabVIEW Real-Time OS (NI ETS), use the pull-down menu to partition at least 1 GB of hard drive space for NI ETS.
- Select Finish to begin the Windows installation.
- Reinstall the necessary software:
- Reinstall LabVIEW, the Real-Time Module, Hypervisor, and any other modules, toolkits, and drivers required for the
- Restart the system.
- Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI Real-Time Hypervisor»NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager to launch the NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager. A dialog box appears and prompts you to run the Hypervisor setup.
- Click the Run Setup button. The NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager runs the setup procedure.
- Restart the system and select Windows from the boot menu.
- Configure the system.