NI VeriStand 2018 Help
»View Product Info
To deploy a system definition file to an RT target, you must first download support files for NI VeriStand to the target. On a host computer with NI VeriStand installed, complete the following steps in NI MAX to download the support files:
- Launch NI MAX from the Start menu or (Windows 8) from NI Launcher.
- Complete the following steps to launch the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard:
- Expand Remote Systems in the configuration tree and then expand your RT target.
- Select Software.
- Click the Add/Remove Software icon on the toolbar to launch the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard. If your target does not have a Software category, then it does not support the required software.
||Note If a login password has been set, you might be prompted to enter the RT system's administrator name and password. For more information, refer to the Logging into your System topic in the Measurement & Automation Explorer Help.
- If prompted to install a recommended software set, select Custom software installation (currently installed) and click Next. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Click the icon next to the NI VeriStand RT Engine item, select Install the feature, and then click Next.
- Confirm that you want to install NI VeriStand support, and then click Next.
MAX displays the progress of the installation, and then reboots the target so it is ready for you to deploy files.