NI VeriStand 2018 Help
»View Product Info
The Data Logging control allows you to configure and control host-side data logging operations from the NI VeriStand Workspace. With host-side logging, you can log channel data from a target to a file on the host computer while a system definition runs on the target. This control also enables you to manage past log files and perform post-processing actions with the data generated during a session.
To add the Data Logging control to your workspace, click the Workspace Controls palette, and then click the plus sign next to the Logging category. Select Logging Control and drag it to the alignment grid to add the control.
The Data Logging
control contains the following components:
- State—Displays the current state of the Data Logging control, including:
- Offline—Indicates that the system definition is not deployed and the Data Logging control is inactive.
- Idle—Indicates that the system definition is deployed and the Data Logging control can run.
- Log Session Started (No Active Session Log)—Indicates the Data Logging control is running but not recording data. This status displays if you do not select any channels to log.
- Starting Log Session—Indicates the Data Logging control is beginning the log session.
- Waiting on Trigger—Indicates the Data Logging control is waiting on a start trigger to start the log session.
- Triggered—Indicates the Data Logging control is logging.
- Stopping Log Session—Indicates the Data Logging control is stopping the current log session.
- Error Indicator ()—Displays a red “X” if an error occurs. Hover over the Error Indicator for information about the error.
- Current Log File Path—Displays the file path of the log file to which the Data Logging control is currently writing.
- Description—Displays information about the Data Logging control as entered by an administrator. Description may display instructions or important information about the Data Logging control.
- Edit settings—Launches the Edit settings dialog box where you can configure the Data Logging control. This option is visible only if the current user has permission to edit settings.
- Show file history—Launches the File History dialog box. Use this dialog box to view previous logging sessions and their associated files and reports.
- Start logging—Starts the logging process as configured on the Start Trigger page of the Edit Settings dialog box.
- Enter note—Launches the Enter User Note dialog box, which allows you to enter a user note.
- Stop Logging—Stops the logging process and starts any post-processing actions.