NI CompactRIO Device Drivers Help
»View Product Info
Complete the following steps to use an FPGA I/O Property node for CAN:
- Use the Add Targets and Devices dialog box to add the CAN module to your CompactRIO configuration. Right-click the CAN module in the Project Explorer window and select Properties to specify the configuration properties for the module.
- Create an FPGA I/O item for CAN by right-clicking the FPGA target under My Computer in the Project Explorer window, selecting New»FPGA I/O, and then adding CAN»NI 9852»CAN0 (or CAN»NI 9853»CAN0) and/or CAN»NI 9852»CAN1 (or CAN»NI 9853»CAN1) to the FPGA I/O list. Refer to New FPGA I/O dialog box (FPGA Module) for more information about creating and adding FPGA I/O to your CompactRIO configuration.
- Place an I/O Property Node from the FPGA I/O palette onto your FPGA VI diagram.
- Right-click the I/O Property Node and select Select Item»CAN»NI 9852»CAN0 (or Select Item»CAN»NI 9853»CAN0) or Select Item»CAN»NI 9852»CAN1 (or Select Item»CAN»NI 9853»CAN1).
- Right-click the I/O Property Node and choose Select Property to specify the appropriate property from the list of available CAN properties.
For information on how the I/O Property Node arbitrates with other CAN nodes, refer to Arbitration.
The description of each property includes the following table.
|Data type||Permissions||Write while stopped?||Write while running?|
Data type: Shows the icon for the LabVIEW data type used for this property.
Permissions: Read, Write, or Read/Write. If the property is Read/Write, you can right-click the property in the node and select Change To Read or Change To Write to select the direction. Otherwise, only one direction is supported.
Write while stopped?: Yes or No to indicate whether you can write the property while CAN communication is stopped. You can always read a property with Read permissions.
Write while running?: Yes or No to indicate whether you can write the property while CAN communication is running. You can always read a property with Read permissions.