NI Single-Board RIO CLIP Generator Help
»View Product Info
Complete the following steps to use the Create CLIP page of the sbRIO CLIP Generator to create a new CLIP.
- On the Create CLIP page, configure the following options:
- CLIP Name—The name of the CLIP as it appears in LabVIEW and the name of the VHDL entity. The sbRIO CLIP Generator creates a folder with this name in the Documents\LabVIEW Data\CompactRIO\CLIPs\<target> directory. The folder contains generated files that also use this name, such as <clipname>.vhd, <clipname>.xml, and <clipname>.xdc.
||Note If you want to distribute CLIP files after creating them, you can install CLIP files to the <National Instruments>\Shared\CompactRIO\CLIPs\<target> directory. Any CLIPs installed to this directory can be selected in the Component-Level IP Properties dialog box for the NI sbRIO target to a LabVIEW project.
- Create New CLIP—Specifies which of the following options you want to use for configuring the state of the sbRIO CLIP Generator:
- Create a new CLIP with no existing configuration.
- Load the configuration for a previously saved CLIP so you can use it as the basis for a new CLIP.
||Note If you want to make changes to an existing CLIP after it has been created, you must manually edit the generated CLIP files. You cannot use the sbRIO CLIP Generator to edit an existing CLIP.
- Target Type—The NI sbRIO device in your application.
- CLIP Description—A description that appears on the General page of the Component-Level IP Properties dialog box after you finish creating the CLIP and add it to a LabVIEW project.
- Click Next to continue to the Peripherals page.
Using VHDL Code as Component-Level IP in the LabVIEW Help (FPGA Module)