NI Single-Board RIO CLIP Generator Help
»View Product Info
Complete the following steps to finish using the sbRIO CLIP Generator and review the completed CLIP.
- Review the information on the CLIP Summary page, including any warnings listed in the Configuration Warnings control.
- Make any changes and resolve warnings that are critical to your application, and click Finish.
- Review the generated CLIP files in the Documents\LabVIEW Data\CompactRIO\CLIPs\<target>\<clipname> directory.
||Note If you want to make changes to an existing CLIP after it has been created, you must manually edit the generated CLIP files. You cannot use the sbRIO CLIP Generator to edit an existing CLIP.
Optional Tasks to Extend the Generated CLIP Files
You can optionally complete the following steps to manually edit the generated CLIP files if you want to support additional CLIP design considerations.
- To add any custom IP or make modifications to your CLIP design, edit the <clipname>.vhd file.
- To reference a file that the sbRIO CLIP Generator did not generate, complete the following steps to edit the <clipname>.xml file:
- Search for the <ImplementationList> tag.
- Within the <ImplementationList> tag, add the following code:
<Path Name="relative path to file">
<SimulationModelType>Same as synthesis</SimulationModelType>
- To add timing constraints to your CLIP design, edit the <clipname>.xdc file.